Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 72: A Temple is Here!

Hey everybody!

well this week was the weirdest quickest but longest week ever that ended with the temple dedication and cultural celebration and it has literally been one of the best weekends of my entire time here in France.

To work backwards, it was so crazy to watch the cultural celebration because I saw friends from Yverdon, Bayonne, Ecully, Bordeaux, and Annecy and it was beautiful and the youth did an incredible job and I got to say that the youth in Geneva did an amazing song and it was wonderful:) we were cheering and laughing and having a blast watching youth use their phones as lighters in songs; listening to Les Mis, watching a Nicean wedding where the funniest part was after a couple gets married the tradition is that the husband gives the key to the house to his wife and so this little couple acting this out did that and it was adorable haha:) we also saw old traditional Swiss dances and french waltzes which included a royal court! It was amazing and I am so grateful to have been here to celebrate this moment with all those I have come to love; literally all of them from around France including a girl I taught in Poitiers who got baptized a week or so ago and she participated and i freaked out when I saw her haha:)

Because we are missionaries we of course went to all three dedication sessions and it was wonderful I loved all the speakers and seeing Elder Eyring who was so funny and during the cornerstone ceremony kept cracking jokes about how sisters do it better and just other cute funny comments it was great because they didn't cut his microphone haha;)

And so that was the highlight of the week which is really the biggest thing other than I got a call from President saying I AM STAYING IN ANNECY TO FINISH WITH SISTER BROOKSBY AND IM SO EXCITED!!!!! I love her so much and we are like the same person and its weird but so fun haha

Saying goodbye to all my friends today was so weird and these next six weeks are going to fly but I'm so happy to be here at this time and so grateful for the beauty of a temple that we now have in this beautiful country.

Love you all have an amazing week!

Sister Beatty


No comments:

Post a Comment