Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 76: Is my sector Geneva or Annecy....no wait Annemasse?

So for the fourth pday this transfer I am not in Annecy!! 

It's wonderfully....tiring to travel so much haha but today we got the permission to come up to Annemasse and spend the pday all together as a district which ended up with the elders going up hiking the mountain Saleve while we slowly caught up by going the quicker way...with the cable car:) It was wonderful haha and probably a lot less tiring;) we still did some hiking and me a blue Sister Wood went around the top a little bit and found what are probably some homeless peoples homes all made up fine and dandy with big branches and leaves and even some stone walls in some areas haha it was funny but we didn't stay for too long because there was too much to see and not enough time! It was beautiful though because basically you can see the entire Geneva city and if you know it well enough you can find the jet as well as the chapel because that's where we spend all of our time as missionaries;)

We went to Geneva twice this week, once for zone conference where I bore my departing testimony and according to Sister Brooksby it was good but I can't remember and can't believe it happened, it's too much like a dream to think I only have one more big email after this and then Soeur Beatty is no more...officially anyways but ahhhh anyhow we then went back again on Thursday for district meeting where we got put in charge of the game so we did a scavenger hunt and one of it was posing in some things we found around our house as you went searching
for new investigators and it was quite a blast:) and funny to see what some of the equipes did!

But yeah we also came to Annemasse last night for a tri-ward fireside about missionary work where right at the end the missionary leader who was involved asked me to bear my testimony since I was leaving and then answer one "really hard" question that a returned missionary could think of (he asked me to explain to a child who is God) who then funny story later came up to me and said his first question that he wanted to ask me was " so you go home in two weeks....single?" I almost fell out of my chair. I didn't know what to do..... we told some of our members after words and they flipped it was funny and awkward and I'm glad I don't live heree.... :)

We also really only had two days of work in our sector because of everything that was going on and all things considered it was not too shabby, we haven't been able to get hold of our referral yet but we are hoping and trying!:)

This week is also a national holiday to celebrate music so the ward had a party where amis came which was so cool and they did karaoke and asked to perform a musical thing the night before...at like nine o'clock so we did the best we can and it wasn't too shabby, sister Brooksby lip synced to In summer while I was flying props above her
head and it went pretty well but the ward members then kept throwing us under the buses and anytime someone picked a song and didn't want to do it they had us do it haha but we bien jammed out to Let it go and got a fun standing ovation xD it was great and we had lots of fun with the young women :) It was also funny because one member took it upon himself to be the censor for the evening and that was great so we didn't have any awkward moments haha but it was so fun and reminded everyone that yes we are still just 20 :)

I think that's it for this crazy week and pas mal and much better than I have done my whole mission so if you don't read it all I understand haha love you all have a great day and here are some photos I know everyone looks at!:)))

Soeur Beatty










No comments:

Post a Comment